- Totem Pole Playhouse produces Equity productions and presents non-union guest productions as part of a summer subscription series. Totem Pole has an excellent reputation within the industry; the New York Times called Totem Pole “the Cadillac of summer theaters.”
- Totem Pole’s summer series of shows run from May through September. Contract dates vary with some flexibility regarding start dates and end dates, but applicants should ideally be available for the entire length of the summer series.
- Staff salaries are competitive and dependent on prior experience.
- Staff positions provide housing in private bedrooms within shared staff houses.
*Totem Pole Playhouse is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on sex, gender identity, disability, religion, age, national origin, ethnicity, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, or parental status. Totem Pole Playhouse is following CDC guidelines and State and Local guidelines to help protect and mitigate the spread of COVID-19.
Part-Time Box Office Staff
The primary responsibility of this position is to provide patrons with a positive initial experience at the Totem Pole Playhouse. This experience is created by aiding patrons with accurate event information and assisting them is purchasing and/or picking up tickets to the Totem Pole Playhouse. This also includes receiving monies and giving correct change. The Box Office Staff reports to the Box Office Manager.
- Greet patrons in a pleasant and courteous manner.
- Accurately and completely take reservations by telephone and in person within a
- Sell tickets, collect money, operate a cash register, and make change accurately.
- Assist in promoting all events and facilities via face-to-face communication and
- Assist with miscellaneous box office projects as directed.
- Possess good working knowledge of computers (Excel and Word a plus).
- Ability to communicate effectively, orally, in writing, and on the telephone.
- Follows direction well.
- Able to work flexible hours, evenings and weekends.
- Knowledge of and the ability to count money and make accurate change.
- Ability to work in a pressure environment .
- Ability to work in a small team.
Interested candidates should send a Cover Letter, Resume, and Portfolio to:
Questions? call (717) 352-2164 ext 2